Day 1- June 1, 2020
I have to make changes in all areas of my life. I cannot keep the weight on. My knees are hurting, I have trouble breathing as I walk up and down the hill to the garden, I cannot run with the dog to keep him active. I do not like myself and haven't for quite a while. How can I make the changes I need to when I feel trapped, but the trapped feeling will continue until I make changes. There is irony. I am so tired of having to be strong for everyone and having to do everything for everyone (well, it feels like it often). I rarely have a time where I am not interrupted by dogs or kids (really my parents (in their 80's) and my daughters (in their 20's), or something. Living with individuals who are slowing down, having trouble remembering things, and serious health issues is hard. It seems like they know when I am going to do something for me.
Changes are coming.
First - I have to give up my Pepsi. That is my caffeine, my comfort, but it is also my slow death. I will start drinking 64+ oz of water per day. It is okay to add my Mio to it when our water is so hard.
Second - I will start to exercise daily. I love to walk in the morning and it would be good to do aerobic activity in the evening. I am signed up for Body FX, and have been for months, but I have to make myself complete it, even if people are complaining about it.
Third - Keep a daily schedule. The dogs will love this. I have to get myself up in the morning by 5 so I can walk before I start my day. During the summer, I have to work in the garden each day, weeding and making sure the plants have the best possible chance in our terrible soil. I will be in bed by 10 pm at night. It is hard because that is when my parents go to bed and my adult daughters get busy and want to interact with me.
Fourth - I have to eat a more balanced diet and remember that food is fuel and if even if I don't like it now if I keep trying it, I will learn to at least tolerate it.
I will keep this going for then next 12 weeks and then figure out what will change as School starts up again. I really pray we are back in the classroom as things are as normal as possible. I don't think this is going to happen and I need to make changes to my teaching style to help integrate a hybrid classroom, but make it be all ready for a virtual classroom.
I have to keep my eyes on the prize and stay focused.
Starting weight: 229.0 lbs





Comments
Post a Comment